THE ALBRECHT'S

Established 1998

Friday, August 22, 2008

Fancy...Pig Farmer



Fancy's new home!

As some of you know last year Chantz caught a pig in the greased pig contest at the fair. Well it has become a main event at our house. So today we headed back to the fair especially for this event. And boy did I get the surprise of my life. Both of them caught pigs...yes SAGE caught a pig. It didn't surprise me that Chantz would, but when I seen Sage dive on that pig I nearly had a heart attack! As you can see from the picture Chantz clearly caught the pig, but the girl sitting behind him has a hold of one of the pigs legs....so there was controversy over whose pig is was. The people that were helping were trying to convince the girl that Chantz clearly had the pig, but she wasn't hearing any of it. Now my son being the gentleman that he is told the girl she could just have it because his sister already caught one. I was proud and disappointed at the same time. Weston was just mad! You can see who the gentleman is in our family! Anyway I was proud of him for being considerate even though I think he was a little disappointed himself. All will be well... he will be getting a pig soon anyway since he is going to raise one and show it at the stock show this year. Oh I almost forgot...Sage named her pig Fancy:-) Never thought we would be pig farmers!!

2 comments:

DaynaDouble said...

Way to go Sage Muffin. What a tough cowgirl you are. And I like the name too!

Lacey Jay said...

What...my dad used to make me be in rodeo's and I was terrified to catch a chicken let-a-lone a pig! Your kids are so tough:) Love the name- Oh and Chanz is such a gentleman!