THE ALBRECHT'S

Established 1998

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Starting the Colts!

Chantz on Blondie, Sage on Uno, and Gramps on Senorita
Well if this picture isn't a tender moment I don't know what !

Sage getting her first lesson from Gramps


Chantz and Gramps doing what they do best!



The only sad thing about me going to Utah was that I missed out on a big proud mom moment! Chantz and his Gramps started the yearling colts! Chantz was the first one to ride Uno (the yearling gelding). My boy is growing up ...he is now starting colts! I am soooo proud....he is the same age as I was the first time I started a colt all by myself. He called me when I was on my way home to give me the big news! Of course I just started bawling (I would say crying tears of joy, but I was bawling). Then my dad called to see if Chantz had given me the big news. He told me how good he did and he asked Chantz what he thought his mom would think. Chantz said, "oh she will just cry." Dad said, "why?" Chantz said, "because she will be so proud of me." Dad said, "well I'm proud of you and I'm not crying." Chantz said, "I know but she is just like that."
Does my son know me or what!
Well this lit a fire in Sage I guess! We went over to gramps today and she was helping with all the horses and told gramps she wanted to ride one of the colts! I have to admit this made me a little nervous. I asked her what she was going to do if she fell off and she said get back on! I said ok then. I asked her if she was nervous and she answered immediately NO, I'm excited! She acted like she was 10 foot tall and bullet proof. Gramps rode Uno first and then he put Sage's saddle on. She was smiling ear to ear and she did fantastic. Gramps moved the horses around the round pen and Uno kicked up a couple of times....didn't even phase her. It was one of the neatest moments in my life seeing both my kids riding colts with their gramps!

1 comment:

The Albrechts said...

he learned how to break colts this summer in Lost Creek with uncle giggle ha ha that a boy buckaroo next summer when you come down you can give me colt starting lessons as well as roping lessons your pal uncle giggle